Monday, August 25, 2008

Top 5 New Haven Pizza

1. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana -- I don't care what anyone says. This is the best pizza money can buy. The pepperoni pizza here is nothing short of phenomenal. Fresh tomato sauce, top notch mozzarella, thick-cut spicy pepperoni, and a crisp yet chewy crust. Heaven.

2. Zuppardi's Apizza -- My favorite cheese pizza. Everything comes together in wonderfully oily harmony. Cooked perfectly and slightly salty, but that just means it's incredibly flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth awesome.

3. Modern Apizza -- I have never had a mediocre pizza when I've eaten in. My favorite here is salami and black olives. Perfect every time!

4. Bar -- I hate that I love this pizza, but it really is great. I know everyone loves the mashed potato pizza, but I don't think it's all that. I'd rather just keep it simple here. The crust is super thin and delicious. I definitely find myself eating more even when I know I'm full.

5. Dayton Street Apizza -- Excellent pizza. Really tasty sauce, flavorful cheese, cooked just right. It's not quite as good as the top 4, but I'd happily eat this any time.

Honorable Mention: Sally's Apizza -- They are the Boston Red Sox to Pepe's New York Yankees. They're not as good, their fans and staff have the worst attitude, but ultimately they do make a great pizza. Too bad it also takes about 86 years to get it served to you. Not worth the hour-long wait when there are so many other amazing pizza options nearby.

No comments: